Continued growth in Central and Eastern Europe
- Share of premiums from the CEE region: Total increased to 42.9%; already 57.7% in the property/casualty business.
- CEE market position*: Number 1 in the non-life business.
- Further geographic expansion: Market entry in Albania, Macedonia, Turkey and the Baltic states.
- A total of seven acquisitions and strong organic growth in 2007.
- Greater integration of subsidiaries into the Vienna Insurance Group family.
Result further increased
- Profit before taxes in 2007: EUR 437.30 million (+36.2%)
- Premium volume reached EUR 6,911.93 million (+17.5%) over the year as a whole.
- Combined ratio of 95.5% significantly below 100% in 2007.
* Market position (Vienna Insurance Group) - Definition CEE: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia and Hungary.